Saturday, July 4, 2009

Make the effort!

What a great weekend I had with Louise! We started our Saturday morning with a double workout of strength/cardio - always a great way to start the day .. we were feeling fit healthy and pumped ... ofcourse nothing is better to then head down to the mall and give your partners credit card a good workout too lol ... Retail Therapy is such bliss!

Last night we decided to head to the cinemas to watch 'the proposal' ooooohhhh how I LOVED this movie! It was such a great light hearted romance comedy ~ yet it also had me thinking .. that buzz you get when you watch two people fall in love on screen .. thats the buzz that I want from so many things in my life ..that really warm fuzzy feeling of happiness, peace and content.

Its so easy to let every day take over and we can tend to lose focus on making the effort with family, friends and loved ones. I know I tend to do it - This movie was a good reliasation that I need to remain concious to not let my days get away from me, to always remain in control and ALWAYS make time with people that matter ... and of course less time on the crap that really doesnt.

My son is so adorable. He always reminds me of an old soul .... he is so caring. Even till today (4 months after my surgery) he will still say, Mama are your boobs ok? Is the sticky tape still holding them mama? Oh my heart melts every time he voices concern! Mama - did you have to go to the Doctors house today? It really does amaze me at how intelligent little people can be. My son is only 4 1/2 and even when he sits on my lap he is always cautious of not leaning back on my chest ..even if I say its ok Mama doesnt hurt anymore he will look at me and say ..just in case Mama I wont I will sit here (on the edge of my knee) ...

Its moments like the above that matter .. not things that we get carried away about like my partner forgetting to take the bins out and the rubbish collector has been and gone - yes ok its annoying but at the end of the day .. who cares .. who cares about things that just plain and simple arent important.

I think we all need to make the time in our lives to often reassess what we have .. what makes our lives rich and obviously not in the sense of $$ .. what we find ourselves wasting time and energy on that makes no difference in the end.

Classic example - I use to before always get in the shits when Brad wouldnt say put his dishes in the dishwasher .. then I would spend the next hour being grumpy and moody .. now I tend to 'remind' him that he needs to put his plate in the dishwasher but I no longer waste my hours harping on about it ... I would rather let him know and move on and enjoy my afternoon with him ... Its little tiny simple things like this that end up making a HUGE difference - not only in the way we spend our time but our stress levels!

So my focus for this coming week is to concetrate on my stress levels - weeding out anything in my life that hinders it and embraces that in which is calming!

On Wednesday I have my 3 month review from my oncologist for my 'SOFT TRIAL" treatment - so far I feel fantastic - side effects are few and far between - I just pray every night that it is infact working. I love and cherish my life so much more now then I ever have and all I want is for my treatment to be working!

Im off to do my groceries for the week - preperation is the key to ensure that all my meals are healthy - its too easy to eat crap if you havent got yourself organised!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment