Saturday, July 11, 2009

For whom the bell tolls ....

Well what can I say.. but it sure is working! Today I made a real conscious effort to not allow my phone to interrupt me whilst I was in the company of others.

Whilst I was at Per & Lou's house for Per's birthday I made sure I put my phone on silent (figured if there was an emergency they knew my sister Julie would be with me so they could easily call her if needed) ...anyhow ~ I my phone went on silent and I truly did have an amazing night!

I enjoyed the company .. good conversation ...lots of yummy food (including a few cake indulgences which I will be working off pronto come rise tomorrow with a personal training session with Aaron along with a spin class with Julie and my cousin Vanessa).

We ended up playing guitar hero - Jeez .. who would have thought it could be so fun and not to mention what a good release of pressure or tension from the past week!

Per was on guitar, Julie on the drums, Louise on Base and I belted out tunes to Metallica ... For whom the bell tolls was one of the best songs to sing!! haha

Sure enough when I checked my phone when I got home I had 2 messages and a missed call but none that were important enough to interrupt my night. All in all I am adjusting to the less phone usage or awareness in front of the company of others and I have to say I am really enjoying that!

I'm off to bed now ... so tired! Last night I slept for 11 hours, tonight wont be so long as its already 1.16am and I have to be up and ready to go by 9am.

If you bored and you don't have guitar hero try getting your favourite tunes ..pumping them up loud on the home stereo system and literally just belting out tunes as you dance - it is so uplifting and a fantastic stress reliever and leaves you feeling brilliant!!!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment