Monday, June 29, 2009

The Importance of Eating Right!

So I had my second day working at Curves today and I cannot tell you how great it is. It is fantastic to be surrounding myself with likeminded people when it comes to their need, want and desire to make sure they are living a healthy and active lifestyle.

One thing that has got me concerned is the amount of womens misconception on good nutrition.

I was astounded when I watched Biggest Loser America the other night and then again talking to a few members regarding nutrtion. The women who are SO eager to loser kilos fast are all eating or should I say not eating .. its astounds me. Surely we have all learnt that we need to eat atleast 6 meals a day - 3 being your main meals - obviously Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner and then ofcourse your snacks -

On biggest loser it had one of the teams where 2 women lost next to now weight on the scales yet the men and 1 other woman dominated .. when Gillian broke down the point of difference it all came down to their diet. The 2 women who lost next to nothing had only been eating 1 meal aday - totally not enough, where as the successful group had ensure they reached their daily calorie intake... everyone did the same amount of exercise - only thing was for those women who were starving themselves they failed to realise by doing so - they basically turned off their system .. their bodies were holding onto every lil bit of fat as it was in starvation mode.

So its really simple and clear guys - to get good effective results we need to ensure that we are eating 6 meals a day - always ensure that a portion of protein in consumed in each meal and be sure to obviously eat as much fresh organic food as possible and steer clear of processed goods.

I am feeling great - I have so much renewed engery. I am pumped and looking forward to a workout tonight with Brad & Louise - it is always easier to workout with friends/family as the motivation and stirring between eachother helps us all push that lil bit harder.

My scans are coming up soon for my ovary retests - but I am feeling confident with the results.

Off for a lil nap before I hit the gym - x

No comments:

Post a Comment