Wednesday, June 24, 2009

On the right track ....

My new frame of mind is on overdrive. I feel fitter and healthier than I have in a long time. At the moment I am not working (took time off to complete all my surgeries, treatments and to purely reflect) anyhow even though I have no job to wake up for in the morning I am still managing to JUMP out at 6am ... I hit the gym first thing, usually with Brad and if his not heading in then Ill go on my own. I am feeling really really strong, especially mentally. I love that I no longer lie around in bed all day feeling sorry for myself - I love that I am getting out there and enjoying every moment of my life.

Today I did an upper body weights session - usually my right arm is the strongest and I nail any sets of exercise and completely destroy my left side .. however it was a different story today. I noticed that through my sets of weights my right arm was STRUGGLING - it would start to shake within the first few seconds .. I couldn't believe how weak my arm had gotten in the few months I hadn't been training. As I had nerve damage in my right arm I obviously took it easy in the past 4 months .. well that is about to change. It has made me realise how important it is to continually keep movement ..even after my surgery I should have at least been doing some sort of 'rehabilitation' exercises to keep the movement and strength somewhat there.

Ok so one of my first goals is to rebuild my upper body strength - in specific my chest. I am focused on setting myself lots of mini goals and ensuring I accomplish every single one of them.

I have another session tomorrow morning at 7am with Brad .. the Friday will be my rest day as Saturday it is back in the gym at Curves .. I have been offered work there and am contemplating taking it... will be weird going from a lady of leisure and time to a lady of work lol.

Anyways I am off for a quick walk around the neighbourhood before it gets dark.

Stay strong - stay positive - stay focused!

No comments:

Post a Comment