Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Trust in Me ...

Ok so its been a lil while since I last posted .. so much has been happening I have hardly had a spare 5 mins to relax, let alone update (sorry).

Ok so my 'cyst' on my ovaries is still being tested. the results came back inconclusive (WTF) anyhow - I am trying to remain positive through any little hurdles that come up .. at the end of the day until it comes back clearly one way or the other, I am not going to allow myself to stress over it.

So this past week has been a HUGE shifting point in my headspace. Ive refocussed and recommited to myself and my goals.

I have said numerous times that getting this disease has been a hidden blessing, yet i found myself slipping and taking neglect of what it is here to teach me. So with this in mind I have changed some things in my day to day world.

I have redug out my 'gratitude book' ... this is a plain scarp book that I make the time at the end of each night to write down something I was greatful for that day ... it is so uplifting to read back on ....

One of the other areas was my health that I wanted to grab hold of and make a change .. I have really stepped it up a notch these days .. my eating is pretty damn clean, I am huge on protein .. I make sure that whatever I am eating is as fresh and organic as possible - but hey I am only human so I allow myself the odd splurge on say a pizza or chocolate here and there ... life is too short to deprive yourself of pleasures...however I do believe that you need to earn these .. my workouts have completely taken hold of my days and I am LOVING it and feeling FANTASTIC!

The more I work out the more I want to keep going .. it obviously helps that I am looking better than I did only months ago ... but more so than anything else the new found level of energy I have is AMAZING!

It is so important for me to want to keep inspiring other women about early detection of breast cancer but just as important is my need and want to educate women on the positive benefits of a good clean diet and healthy exercise regieme .. and I am not talking about a quick fix weightloss solution to fit back into that lil black dress .. I am not talking about an 'occassion' to lose weight - I am talking about inspiring women to be in the best damn possible shape, inside and out for LIFE ...

So today I have completed my morning Vgym session with Brad which was tought .. I really felt the ab workouts today .. but I got home pumped up my ipod and danced through my morning chores ... I have spin class tonight with my cousin Vanessa ( I love working out with her, she is so funny and that girl is a true picture of what hard work, dedication and self committement can do for your body) ... I am also really looking forward to having a lamb on the spit (Croatian speciality) @ my cousins tonight ... YUM!


Its back to me trusting in myself to do the best thing possible for my body .. if I have any chance of living a long life and this goes for anyone else reading this, then we need to ensure we have created the ultimate healthly lifestyle for ourselves.

I leave you today on a much higher note than I have done of late ... but thats the point of change .. it is never to late to make one!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment