Thursday, September 10, 2009

Going the distance

I feel so good! Today I woke up and decided to start the day with weighing myself as I haven't done so in forever - I was stoked to see the numbers roll to 56.8 .. I am thrilled that I am steadily keeping low numbers (for me) and have managed to now not put back on any weight that I have lost in the past 4 months. Yes it is a great feeling when you lose weight but I swear it is a even better feeling when you see yourself maintaining good health and good form over a longer period of time. What is the point of achieving a goal that is only short lived? Why not go the distance and really make that goal count by making it a long term part of your life.

I have really been enjoying my weeks - I love going into work, I love training last 3 nights a week and I actually enjoying not coming home till 8pm - as I know I have put myself first for 3 nights out of the 4 and if you ask me that isn't too bad.

We tend to get so caught up in making sure the house is clean, dishes are washed etc - but life is too short to put yourself second, especially to chores!

I feel as though I have really structured my weeks to have a great balance. I have me time to do whatever it is I want; be it reading, gym, study or even just relax time - I have 'date nights' with my partner that we ensure 2 nights a week we have where it is just us... no friends no nobody - just the two of us to either hang out, go out to the movies or dinner or even just lay back and watch the footy - this has been vital to our relationship and has really helped us improve our existence with one another. So many relationships get caught up in real life activities that you take for granted and tend to forget what matters - quality time with loved ones. We make sure now with our date nights in place that this will not happen.

After a excellent day of really clean eating and a good session in the gym I am now ready to shower and go to sleep. I am going into work early tomorrow to get the day started as I have HEAPS on - I am looking forward to unwinding with a cardio session though straight after work!

With that I leave you with a simple ...goodnight x

No comments:

Post a Comment